The Board of Directors would like to encourage you to attend this year's Annual Meeting November 14-16, 2018 as we “Discover the Elements of Higher Education" at the Hilton Knoxville hotel in Knoxville, TN. This year is all about trivia as we discover the elements of our field which makes us passionate about the work we do each day. There are several reasons why you should attend the TACRAO Annual Meeting. During the conference you can:
- LEARN. Expand your knowledge, develop new ideas and approaches, gain inspiration, and find solutions to problems.
- NETWORK. Meet face-to-face with colleagues who share a common discipline or field, and can help build your professional relationships and contacts.
- DELIVER A PRESENTATION. Present a session, which allows you to share ideas and accomplishments, as well as receive feedback and insight on your work.
- EVALUATE VENDOR PRODUCTS/SERVICES. Visit the exhibit hall or attend a corporate presentation to learn from companies who are on the cutting-edge of industry trends, products, services, and technologies that can benefit your department or institution.
- HAVE FUN. Enjoy the sights and tourist attractions of Knoxville with friends and family.
Through the planning process I have been reminded how important each of our roles are to our individual institutions. I am passionate about higher education and the opportunity each of us has to change a life every single day. The TACRAO Annual Conference this year will offer you many ways to discover the “Elements of Higher Education."
As sessions are finalized, the Preliminary Program will be updated. Feel free to submit your session proposal.
We're looking forward to another exciting and informative Annual Meeting.
You may contact Tracy Comer if you have any questions for corrections.
Download the Program [PDF]
Non- Member $230
Big Event Guest $50
- Registration for members is $175 has been extended until October 20th, 2018, after which it will be $190 until registration ends.
- The member and non-member registration fee includes admission to the Big Event as well as all other conference events and activities.
- The Big Event Guest fee does not include admission to other annual meeting events. (This option is only for those who would like to add a guest to the Big Event who is not attending the annual meeting.)
This year’s Swag for a Cause will support Project Grad in Knoxville. The TACRAO Annual Meeting has a tradition of active engagement with its host cities' communities and we are proud to partner with this college access program as they continue to provide support for students in the community. We are asking each institution to bring swag items from your institutions to share with students as they progress through their academic careers.
TACRAO needs you!! We are looking for professionals who would like to assist the annual meeting as a volunteer or presenter.
Are you interested in becoming more involved and networking in TACRAO? Volunteering at the Annual Meeting is a great place to start! There are many ways that you can help during the conference, including registration assistance, event assistance, and session assistance.
Engage attendees in conversations around cutting-edge trends, issues, and solutions in higher education. Share ideas and accomplishments, as well as receive feedback and insight on your work.
- Reservations Online:
- Hilton Knoxville
- 501 West Church Avenue
- Knoxville, TN 37902-2591
- Phone: +1-865-523-2300
- Fax: +1-865-525-6532
Hilton Knoxville is located in the heart of downtown Knoxville and within walking distance of the business district, Market Square and the University of Tennessee. Directly off I-40 and I-75, our hotel is near the Knoxville Convention Center and Neyland Stadium, just minutes from McGhee Tyson Airport. Offering complimentary WiFi, a rooftop pool and covered sky bridge access to the convention center, our hotel makes travel easy and fun.
The deadline to reserve your room with the TACRAO rate is October 15, 2018. Please click here to reserve your room now!!
The Board of Directors is in the process of finalizing nominations for the upcoming year. If approved at the business luncheon of the annual meeting in November, each person will be elected for a two-year term, with the exception of President-Elect who will serve one year each in the positions of President-Elect, President, and Past President.
There will be four vacancies on the Board (President-Elect, VP for Information Technology, VP for Records and Registration and VP for Recruitment Services). If you would like to nominate a member or have questions please email Avery Swinson.
Nominations may also be made from the floor by the membership during the annual business meeting.
TACRAO continues to affirm its commitment to increasing the participation of its members in the association and in the professional development of higher education administrators. As a result, we are offering the opportunity for first-time TACRAO attendees and current TACRAO members to apply for the TACRAO Annual Meeting Scholarship (TAMS).
The scholarship will cover registration fees for the conference and two nights of hotel accommodations. The TAMS Committee and TACRAO Board of Directors will review each application to determine the scholarship recipient(s). The award recipients will be asked to serve at the conference in some small way (i.e., chair recorder, etc.).
The deadline for submitting your application is Friday, October 12, 2018.
Complete the TAMS Application: CLICK HERE
The TACRAO Board of Directors would like to thank our corporate sponsors for participating in our annual meeting.
Current sponsors, please review the sponsor’s package. Click Here
Exhibit-Vendor Equipment Request Click Here
For more information on becoming a sponsor, checkout our sponsorship form! Click Here
DIGARC - Nametag Sponsor
Parchment: Digital Credential Service
International Education Evaluations
World Education Services